Born in Years: 2012 & 2013
Ages (as of Jan. 1st): 9 – 10 yrs
Player Evaluations: To be Announced
- Base paths are set at 60 feet and pitchers throw from 46 feet.
- Games are a minimum of five (5) and not more than six (6) innings in length.
- 11U (Mosquito) division is a fun transition to learning the skills to play real baseball including pitching, back catcher, hitting a pitched ball, stealing bases and backing up other positions.
- A regular baseball is used at this level.
- Pitch count rules are in effect to protect the young pitcher’s arms from injury.
- No lead offs are allowed and players cannot steal until the ball crossed the plate on a pitch.
- The Spring Season runs from early April to mid/late June.
- Evaluations are held before the season starts for player placement in the appropriate grouping and to ensure balanced teams.
- Summer Ball will be offered for both 1st and 2nd year 11U players along with a third team consisting of both age groups if there is enough interested players to fill a team.
- Evaluations and selection are conducted in mid June and play during the month of July.
- Full commitment is required/expected by players for Summer Ball.
- cleats (rubber)
- protective jock/jill
- baseball pants
- batting helmet.