Born in Years: 2011
Ages (as of Jan. 1st): 8
Player Evaluations: To be Announced
- Base paths are set at 60 feet and pitchers throw from 42 feet.
- Games are 4 innings in length and 5 innings in play-offs.
- 9U (Tadpole) division is about having fun and continuing to develop the players’ primary baseball skills of hitting, base running, fielding and throwing.
- “Live” pitching is introduced at this level. A combination of pitching machine and live pitching is used for the games.
- Teams will be allocated 2-3 field times per week, which is typically 1 (one) game on Saturday, 1 (one) game on Sunday, and 1 (one) practice during the week depending on field availability.
- The Spring Season runs from early April to mid/late June.
- Summer Ball may be offered at this level depending on the interest of players and coaches and would run from late June to late July.
- Travel from Chilliwack would be required for Summer Ball.
- cleats (rubber)
- protective jock/jill
- baseball pants
- batting helmet