CMBA is excited to announce our Return-to-Play plan to you. We are super excited that we will be able to give kids the opportunity to get back out on the field and begin playing the game they love and enjoy.
There is a lot of information within this announcement - please take the time to read it through:
1. Modified Season - June 27 - Oct 4
2. Members Options 1) Play the modified season, 2) Defer registration until next season, 3) Refund - PLEASE CHOOSE BY JUNE 18 if you wish a deferral or refund 4) Re-Register (if you already requested a refund and now wish to play
3. Return to Sport Plan Waiver and Further Information
The focus of Return to Play will be getting kids back outside on the field and keeping them active. As British Columbia public health authorities develop guidelines to lift some restrictions on gathering in a responsible way, BC Amateur Baseball Association (Baseball BC) has been working with viaSport and the Province of British Columbia to understand the recommendations our Chief Provincial Health Officer and how they best apply within sport. CMBA is adopting these recommendations in order to restart baseball in Chilliwack.
Things will look a little different for a while as we enter the first stages but we hope that by offering some baseball activity will reignite their love of the game. It will be a great opportunity to get back outside and see a few friends.
The return to play must adhere to both provincial health as well as provincial and national baseball association guidelines. Timing of progressions from one phase to the next will be dictated by those authorities. All Sports have completed PHASE ONE - NO PLAY AT ALL and have moved into Phase TWO which includes the initial small group training followed by full team practices (TBA), and in club play (TBA).
1. MODIFIED SEASON
CMBA is working on creating a modified season with the goal of getting as many kids back to some physical activity and playing baseball with their friends as we can! Normally our Spring season consists of 10 weeks of practices and play. CMBA is going to be running a season starting June 27 and going to Oct 4. This 15 week modified season will allow families to perhaps miss some sessions because of summer plans or the restart of fall sports while still giving them value for their registration fees. It also replaces our normal and separate Fall Ball season. Some may be asking what a modified season looks like during Phase Two of Baseball’s Return to Play. Currently the restrictions are as follows: No Group gatherings over 50, small team groups only restricted to 10 athletes and 2 coaches with no or limited spectators (maximum of 1 parent / spectator / player - who must also maintain social distancing), no shared personal equipment, any team equipment to be disinfected before and after use. Teams with more than 10 players will be divided up by coaches in to smaller group practices of less than 10 to work on skills, drills and competitions within the group which will have 1-2 coaches pre small group. The next step in phase two - dates TBA - will entail full team practices / drills and competitions within the team before moving onto into the final step of phase two - club play where we can play other teams from within our association.
SINGLE SEASON TEAMS: College Prep, Midget AAA, Bantam AAA/AA, Pee Wee AA - your coach / manager will be in contact with you shortly if not already done for details on your season.
2. MEMBERS OPTIONS
CMBA recognizes that each family and member are in their own unique situation and we want to be respectful and sensitive to each. Each family will need to do what is right for them and their situation. CMBA is giving each member the choice of:
1) Participate in the Modified Season
2) Push your registration fee forward to 2021 season (even if moving up a division you will not pay anything more next season for the higher registration fees)
3) Full Refund NOTE: Due to changes in policy of Sport Engine refunds can take up to 6 weeks to process.
4) IF you have requested a refund and wish to re-register please do so on the web site.
IF you are going to participate - you do not need to do anything.
IF you want to push your registration fees to next season or IF you want a refund of your registration fees please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and state which option you are going with. THIS NEEDS TO BE SENT BY MIDNIGHT JUNE 18 - after which we will assume you are playing and assign your child to a team and no further refunds will be given.
IF you have requested a refund and now want to play please re-register on the CMBA website by June 18. Previously unregistered players can also register via the website. LINK TO CMBA REGISTRATION SITE
3. RETURN TO PLAY ACTION PLAN
The attached Return to Sport Plan has been developed for our sport in order to ensure:
• health and safety of all individuals is a priority
• activities are in alignment with provincial health recommendations
• modifications to activities are in place in order to reduce the risks to each sport organization and its participants
• our sport is united and aligned on a plan to reopen throughout the province
While we do hope things will return to normal in the not too distant future, currently this Return to Sport Plan will be the new normal until we are advised otherwise by public health authorities.
If you choose to participate, you must follow these rules:
• If you don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home.
• If you have traveled outside of Canada, you are not permitted at the facility / field until you have self-isolated for a minimum of 14 days.
• If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
• Wash your hands before participating
• Bring your own equipment, water bottle and hand sanitizer
• Comply with physical distancing measures at all time
• Avoid physical contact with others, including shaking hands, high fives, etc.
• Leave the field of play as quickly as possible after you finish
Our Return to Sport Plan is based on current public health guidance. While we are all doing our best to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, while the virus circulates in our communities it is impossible to completely eliminate the risk. Each participant must make their own decision as to whether it is in their best interest to resume participation at this time. You must take into account your own circumstances and make the decision that is right for you. Should you choose to join us, we require your full cooperation with our Return to Sport Plan.
4. Waiver and Further Information
Parents and participants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Return to Play policy and Phase Two action plan available online prior to registering at: LINK TO RETURN TO PLAY POLICY
While we are aware that the government has passed recent legislation prohibiting legal action against volunteers from any COVID-19 related issues each parent will still need to sign a waiver prior to their child returning to the field. Please review, print and sign the waiver and bring it to your first practice. Coaches will have a few on hand if you are unable to print the form; however no one is able to participate until signed. Even if you are unable to print the waiver please take your time to review the waiver. LINK TO WAIVER
These last few months have been full of uncertainty, challenges and hardships. We have all done our part to blunt the curve and help protect those members of society who are most vulnerable during this pandemic. As we begin the next phase in this journey we are super excited to be able to provide our kids with an outlet and and opportunity to be active and be with some of their friends. Look forward to seeing you on the field.