skip navigation


By Al Robinson, 03/18/20, 10:15AM PDT


Dear Chilliwack Baseball Members,

In these uncertain times your patience is appreciated as we monitor daily the status of the COVID-19 pandemic. With changes being announced daily there are many unknowns as we look to the coming weeks and months. Chilliwack Minor Baseball Association (CMBA) wants to get the baseball season underway but at this time are not clear on when this will happen. It is imperative we all do our part to practice self-distancing and social isolation. In keeping with this, CMBA is fully supportive of our Provincial Sports Organization (PSO), putting ALL baseball activities on hold until further notice. We support the city of Chilliwack’s decision to cancel all field bookings in order to follow the guidelines of self-distancing.

CMBA still plans on running it’s Spring Season as planned and have not cancelled it at this time - we have just put it on hold. As more information becomes available we will keep our members apprised. While we wait for life to resume to more normal routines your CMBA executive and directors are creating schedules and team rosters, team uniforms and new equipment is arriving. We recognize there may be some schedule changes once the season commences but once we are given the green light by our Provincial and Federal Health Authorities and our Sports Governing Bodies we will be off to the races!

There have been many emails and questions about the season and refunds. At this time we fully plan on proceeding with our Spring season, recognizing that is will likely have a a delayed start. Decisions regarding refunds will be determined at a later date once we see how and when the season will run. Thanks for your understanding.

The COVID-19 status and information has been rapidly changing; in the days and weeks ahead we will keep our members apprised of the status of the Spring season.

Keep safe and we hope to see you on the fields shortly!


CMBA Executive